Caution to traders: Squid Game token can’t be sold and is unlikely to be official

Rick Steves

If the market price keeps on rising the way it has been, the virtual Squid Game will be exclusive for rich gamers who don’t have to risk their lives in order to win.

Squid Game, the most popular show on Netflix, has fueled the launch of a few tokens going by the same name. One of them, SQUID, caught the eye of the masses.

The coin started its presale on October 20 and sold out in one second, according to its white paper.

SQUID was launched as the exclusive coin of the crypto play-to-earn platform with the same name. Starting in November, the online tournament follows the show’s plotline with the six rounds of games, but the company already stated “we do not provide deadly consequences apparently!”

The extremely popular Korean-language show is about a deadly tournament of adults playing children’s games in the hopes of winning a big cash prize.

The white paper also lays out an anti-dumping technology that prevents people from selling their coins if certain conditions are not met.

That may be the reason behind the skyrocketing price of SQUID, which is trading above $11 already, from around $0.12 three days ago.

Coinmarketcap has already issued a warning to investors after receiving “multiple reports” that users are not able to sell this token on Pancakeswap.

The virtual simulation of Squid Game has prizes of its own, but unlike the Netflix show, it won’t limit the maximum of the final bonus nor the number of participants.

As to SQUID, there is a preset price in order to participate in each game. It is likely, however, that the game’s developers weren’t expecting the market price to explode to $3 on such short notice.

On top of that, users are required to purchase a custom-made NFT available for sale on their website, featuring characters from the show such as the guards in full-body reddish-pink suits and black masks.

To play in the final game of the tournament, the price is 15,000 SQUID. If the market price keeps on rising the way it has been, the virtual Squid Game will be exclusive for rich gamers who don’t have to risk their lives in order to win.

The winner(s) will earn 90% of the game’s entry fees which will be deposited in the reward pool. The remaining 10% will go to the developers.

SQUID is also available for cryptocurrency staking: investors can put up their holdings as collateral to earn passive income in an offering called Marbles Pools, a reference to the show.

Read this next

Retail FX

US Retail FX brokers suffer steep fall in client deposits, Trading.com racked up $46K

Retail FX deposits at US brokerages, which have been struggling to eke out a profit in a strict regulatory environment, dropped in March 2022 by $35 million, CFTC data showed.

Retail FX

eToro supports Immutable X (IMX), Livepeer (LPT) and Cartesi (CTSI)

Israeli social trading network eToro has added support for trading three new tokens. Immutable X (IMX), Livepeer (LPT) and Cartesi (CTSI) are the next coins to join eToro’s list of featured digital assets.

Executive Moves

LiquidityBook hires Fintech veteran Jonathan Cross to lead EMEA business

LiquidityBook, a provider of FIX and OMS trading solutions for both the buy and sell-side, has added Jonathan Cross to its business team for the EMEA region.

Retail FX

Interactive Brokers’ traders now have direct access to TradingView

Professional charting and trading platform, TradingView has integrated the US-listed brokerage firm Interactive Brokers as the latest online trading partner.

Digital Assets

This Web3 infrastructure provider is on the verge of a radical upgrade

The crypto industry fueled the anticipation of the arrival of web3 with the introduction of Decentralized Finance, Metaverse, and more. And today, that web3 is finding support from various developers looking to build and develop the space to extract the most benefits out of it.

Digital Assets

Crypto bots: trading assistant 

The cryptocurrency market is a volatile one, with huge gains and dramatic dips. However, the most informed traders can use automated tools to maximize profits while minimizing risks. 

Retail FX

Cryptos Seed Review – What Makes This Broker Stand Out (2022)

Read our Cryptos Seed review today to learn all you need to know about Cryptos Seed before signing up with the broker(cryptos-seed.com) – by Finance Feeds.

Institutional FX

Citadel goes live with FX NDFs trades on LCH ForexClear

“This builds on the strong growth at the service, which has historically been driven by a focus on margin efficiencies that will only increase with Phase 6 of the uncleared margin rules in September 2022.”

Digital Assets

Crypto platform Bitfrost registers as VASP in Gibraltar ahead of DLT License

“We’re now looking at the next steps necessary to obtain authorisation to operate as a fully regulated DLT or Virtual Asset Service Provider.”

<