Encore of Excellence: GAM3 Awards 2023 Celebrates Web3 Gaming Innovators
Celebrating its second year, the GAM3 Awards is poised to honor the zenith of creativity and innovation in the web3 gaming sphere on December 14, with a stellar prize pool of over $2M backed by industry giants like Amazon and Google, shedding light on the evolutionary journey of web3 gaming.
Returning for its second year, the GAM3 Awards stands as the most prestigious event saluting superior craftsmanship in the web3 gaming arena. The grand finale on December 14 is geared up to honor the crème de la crème of the industry across an array of categories exceeding a dozen. The victors will split a prize purse exceeding $2M, courtesy of revered sponsors including Amazon, Google, Magic Eden, and Blockchain Game Alliance.
The evolution of web3 gaming will echo through the GAM3 Awards 2023, encapsulating a year-long journey of ingenuity, highlighted by unmatched artistic endeavors. The accolades will be bestowed once more by GAM3S.GG, hailed as “the abode of web3 gaming,” alongside Magic Eden, a community-driven NFT marketplace.
The gaming arena is abuzz with fresh web3 titles, their avant-garde gameplay and enveloping realms making them formidable contestants for top honors at the GAM3 Awards, ushering in a heightened level of competition. They’ll vie against last year’s lauded games including Big Time, the reigning Game of the Year, which recently unveiled its preseason and game economy, and Shrapnel, the recipient of Most Anticipated Game, now gearing up for its eagerly awaited public playtest.
The initial 2022 GAM3 Awards feted over 100 web3 games spanning 16 categories, crafted to extol the finest in web3 gaming, as selected by a discerning panel and the gaming populace. This year’s iteration retains these categories while welcoming three new ones: Best Fighting Game, Best Sports Game, and Best On-Chain Game.
Games will be scrutinized based on a spectrum of facets like core loop, accessibility, replay value, amusement quotient, visual allure, and the overall gaming escapade. Eligibility for nomination necessitates a live, playable version meeting the specified criteria, barring the Most Anticipated Game category and People’s Choice Award.
The Best Content Creator award makes a comeback this year, reminiscing Brycent’s triumph last year, post which the creator garnered additional accolades and inked a deal with XSET, a notable American esports and entertainment conglomerate.
A blend of seasoned and new faces from the gaming cosmos, inclusive of thought leaders and industry stalwarts, will constitute the jury, fostering a diverse and transparent adjudication process. This year’s jury embodies a mix of 2022 returnees alongside new entrants from web3 gaming venture capitals, chains, ecosystems, infrastructure allies, and content creators, joined by mainstream gaming torchbearers and tech behemoths like Amazon and Google.
Jury judgments will influence 90% of the final verdict, with community balloting contributing the remaining 10%. However, categories such as People’s Choice Award and Best Content Creator will hinge entirely on community balloting, while the Games’ Choice Award invites game studios to vote for their cherished game of the year.
In the lead-up to the GAM3 Awards gala, exclusive content, encompassing finalist and jury member interviews, will stoke anticipation before the victors ascend the podium in the live event on December 14. The ceremony, a pivotal industry milestone, anticipates game developers unveiling significant revelations and exclusive content during the extravaganza.
Nominations kick off today, October 26th, on GAM3S.GG, continuing until the contenders are shortlisted ahead of the final voting stage.
Last year’s awards captivated over 250,000 votes, with a live broadcast reaching over 30,000 viewers across streaming platforms, as finalists vied for a whopping $1M in grants and services.
This time around, the hosts and partners are pulling all stops to elevate the event to new heights.
GAM3 Awards, spearheaded by GAM3S.GG, stands as the pinnacle of web3 gaming awards, lauding the epitome of web3 gaming, rewarding the blend of innovation and creativity at the crossroads of blockchain and consumer amusement. With its second iteration, the GAM3 Awards, bolstered by new allies like Magic Eden, Amazon, and Google, is set to honor the elite game developers with cash prizes and services totaling over $2M.
The subject matter and the content of this article are solely the views of the author. FinanceFeeds does not bear any legal responsibility for the content of this article and they do not reflect the viewpoint of FinanceFeeds or its editorial staff.