Mastercard announces access to McAfee protection for US cardholders
“By partnering with McAfee, we’re able to provide people exclusive access to leading security technology to help them feel confident and secure with every transaction.”
McAfee has signed an exclusive partnership with Mastercard to offer the payments giant’s personal and small-medium size business cardholders access to online protection solutions.
Mastercard US cardholders now have access to two different packages:
- McAfee Total Protection for Mastercard 5 Devices: 30-day free trial that includes protection for up to 5 devices and a complimentary one-year subscription to McAfee TechMate (which optimizes device functionality) with a paid subscription at a first-year discounted price of $29.50 (a 75% discount) for consumers. More information can be found at McAfee.com/mastercard.
- McAfee Total Protection for Mastercard 10 Devices: 30-day free trial that includes protection for up to 10 devices for small and medium-sized businesses and a complimentary subscription to McAfee TechMate with a paid subscription at a first-year discounted price of $34.50 (a 75% discount) for small and medium sized businesses. More information can be found at McAfee.com/mastercardsmallbusiness.
McAfee provides tools to combat security threats
Pedro Gutierrez, SVP Global Sales & Operations at McAfee, said: “With security threats from bad actors becoming more prevalent and sophisticated, it’s important that both general customers and small business customers have the option to add protections to their devices. We are proud to partner with Mastercard to offer solutions for their cardholders and look forward to helping customers stay secure so they can stay focused on what’s important to them.”
Seema Chibber, SVP of Credit, North America at Mastercard, commented: “Mastercard is always looking for ways to add value to both our consumer and small business cardholders. By partnering with McAfee, we’re able to provide people exclusive access to leading security technology to help them feel confident and secure with every transaction.”
McAfee aims to provide Mastercard cardholders with tools to help combat growing security threats, stopping damage from major breaches before they do lasting harm in a fight against bad actors.
In 2021, 83% of organizations reported experiencing phishing attacks, a 46% increase over 2020, and a number that is expected to grow in 2022.
Mastercard launched Crypto Secure to enhance security in crypto payments
In an another effort to strengthen security in payments, Mastercard launched a technology solution named Crypto Secure. The solution combines insights and technology from CipherTrace with proprietary information to help card issuers stay compliant with the complex regulatory landscape of the digital assets sector.
The Crypto Secure platform allows them to better assess the risk profile of crypto exchanges or other providers, collectively known as Virtual Asset Service Providers (VASPs), and decide which purchases of cryptocurrency to approve.
Rather than considering or employing a one-size-fits-all approach, which could potentially restrict legitimate activity, issuers can easily identify and turn away transactions with crypto merchants prone to fraud.
Crypto Secure provides each issuer with a colour-coded dashboard which shows where their cardholders are buying cryptocurrency. The new service will allow issuers to:
- accurately identify the crypto exchanges
- measure transaction approvals and declines
- understand, at a portfolio level, their exposure to crypto risk through a single score
- access a benchmark rating for comparison to a peer group of financial institutions