Upland brings Web3 education to Brazilian youth via UNICEF Brazil
“In partnership with UNICEF, we’re excited to create an opportunity for Brazil’s youth to learn how to create the same opportunities for themselves through a multi-touch web3 experience showcasing fun, innovation, entrepreneurialism and community, as well as a real world academy to support them first hand.”
Upland and UNICEF Brazil have signed a long-term partnership to develop a new social project and Web3 academy to meet the urgent need for expanded education, training, and employment opportunities for young people.
Starting this holiday season with a holiday NFT sale, in which proceeds are donated towards the youth education programs, the partnership aims to ensure that thousands of Brazilian young adults are educated in the industries of the future, creating a link between secondary education and training.
The skills for the virtual community-driven environment
Thousands of Brazilians between the ages of 18 and 24 will be offered access to web3 education, to learn the skills to contribute to the new virtual community-driven environment of virtual worlds.
The education program content is curated by UNICEF’s One Million Opportunities (1MiO) initiative, and powered by Upland. Led by UNICEF Brazil, the (1MiO) initiative is a multisectoral articulation between private sector, governments, civil society and youth creating opportunities for professional training, employability and income generation for young adults (from 14 to 29 years old) in situations of vulnerability.
The students will be trained in five different competencies:
- Foundation Skills: Basic Education on web3, blockchain technology, smart contracts and metaverse
- Job Specific Skills: Identifying opportunities in the metaverse economy and teaching the youth about new positions and opportunities in the web3 industry
- Digital Skills: Students will learn how to work in the Upland metaverse, how to mint properties and other digital collectibles, grow their net worth, complete collections, win challenges, and participate in community events
- Entrepreneurial Skills: Students will learn how to become a meta-entrepreneur and build their businesses on top of Upland metaverse.
- Transferable Skills: Students will learn how to transfer their learnings including real estate, yield, staking, tokenization and other web3 related education, and apply them in real life.
As a part of the partnership launch, metaverse platform Uplandme, Inc. will host a holiday sale for its 3 million + community members to purchase exclusive UNICEF- and holiday-inspired digital goods for their virtual properties.
The sale proceeds will be used as a direct donation to Unicef, including dedicated funds to support and sponsor the education programs of UNICEF in Brazil.
Idan Zuckerman, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Upland, said: “In the past four years, we have seen thousands of stories of Upland users realizing financial success because of their web3 knowledge. In partnership with UNICEF, we’re excited to create an opportunity for Brazil’s youth to learn how to create the same opportunities for themselves through a multi-touch web3 experience showcasing fun, innovation, entrepreneurialism and community, as well as a real world academy to support them first hand.”