US Govt says no sentencing date yet for Ponzi scammer Renwick Haddow
Haddow’s cooperation with the Government’s investigation into Bitcoin Store and Bar Works is ongoing.
Several days after the New York Southern District Court ordered the United States Government to provide an update on the criminal proceedings targeting Ponzi scammer Renwick Haddow, the US authorities complied with the order and submitted a Letter at the Court.
The update does not say much, unfortunately, although the period of silence by the prosecutors has been quite long.
The Government says that on May 8, 2019, Renwick Haddow pleaded guilty to an Information charging him with two counts each of wire fraud and wire fraud conspiracy related to schemes involving the companies Bitcoin Store Inc. and Bar Works Inc. and their affiliates. The case was assigned to the Honorable District Judge Laura Taylor Swain under the caption 19 Cr. 340.
The defendant pleaded guilty pursuant to a cooperation agreement, and his cooperation with the Government’s investigation into these offenses is ongoing.
During the week of June 3, 2019, Mr. Haddow testified at the trial of United States v. Moore, 18 Cr. 459. Let’s note that this case, as FinanceFeeds has reported, targets one of Haddow’s co-conspirators – James Moore. He was convicted at trial of wire fraud and conspiracy for engaging in a scheme to defraud investors by making misrepresentations about the management and operations of Bar Works Inc.
Finally, the Government says that Mr. Haddow’s sentencing has not yet been scheduled.
Last month, U.S. Attorney Berman announced the unsealing of a guilty plea by Haddow in which he admitted to his own involvement in the fraudulent scheme related to Bar Works, as well as to making material misrepresentations and misappropriating investment funds in another company created by Haddow called Bitcoin Store Inc., and agreed to cooperate with the Government.