IG Group presents upgraded IG Community forum
The redesigned and enhanced IG Community went live today, offering a fresh design, greater functionality and new content areas.
Users of IG Community, the forum and support network for clients of electronic trading major IG Group Holdings plc (LON:IGG), must have noticed that the service was down for several hours yesterday and earlier today before it reappeared with a fresh new design and boosted functionality.
The team behind IG Community explains that there has been work going on over the last few months on a new layout for the forum, as well as on adding greater functionality and new content areas. Today is the ‘go live’ date.
The purpose of the forum remains to be a friendly space for like-minded clients to share trade ideas and discuss market opportunities, ask questions, and provide help and support to others. IG Community lets its users learn strategies and trade ideas from experienced traders, whereas those who are more experienced may give tips to the Community and share their market knowledge.
Traders also may get the most out of IG and ask the Community anything regarding trading or the broker. Anyone can browse the trading forum, but traders need a live IG account to post or interact on Community.
The IG Community team has migrated over all the posts, likes, ‘kudos’ and private messages from the previous version of the forum, as well as integrated the Community login with the wider IG eco system so that users can enjoy a seamless digital experience between the platform and forum. Traders should be able to see all their previously posted content under the same Community username as they currently use.
There are also several new content areas. The forum offers three blogs which will be updated periodically:
- Market News – Daily morning briefings, index dividend adjustments, and one-off articles;
- IG Product Updates – A place to let traders know about all the things IG rolls out;
- IG Community Blog – Competitions, ‘Ask the Expert’ series, and Community updates.
The new content areas also include Calendar: a way for discussion to be relevant and anchored to a specific date / time / macro event. The additions list features “Our Picks” : a hand picked showcase of the best IG Community has to offer. If individual client forum posts or comments get a significant number of upvotes then they may also be featured.
The upgraded IG Community now offers a few new features.
- Activity streams: If traders are logged in, they will notice they can easily browse things such as ‘unread’ or ‘followed’ content. They can save individual search streams so they’re available for the next time they log in.
- Advanced search: An updated and intuitive search functionality
- Leaderboard: The Leaderboard keeps track of the hottest content and best users each day based on reputation received.
- Community Profile: A personal space in Community. Traders can check out their by clicking on their username in the top right hand corner.
The developers promise that IG Community will be up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The easiest way to access IG Community is using the top right hand ‘Help’ drop down in the dealing platform, but traders can also access via the IG mobile apps (look under the help and support section – try it now), or by simply going to community.ig.com.
This initial rollout is only phase one of ‘the big Community plan’, the IG Community team says.