Marex Spectron finalizes acquisition of customer business of Rosenthal Collins Group
Marex Spectron maintains the RCG name and brand, as well as 14,000 client accounts and balances, 150 associated staff and the Chicago headquarters.
Further to the announcement from December 20, 2018, about the agreement reached for Marex Spectron to acquire the customer business of Chicago-based Rosenthal Collins Group LLC, the London-based commodities broker has just said it has completed the acquisition.
Through the acquisition, Marex Spectron maintains the RCG name and brand, 14,000 client accounts and balances, 150 associated staff and the Chicago headquarters.
As part of Marex Spectron, RCG clients are poised to retain the top-notch service model and gain access to new products and capabilities, including:
- A more extensive global exchange network of cleared exchanges via Marex Spectron’s global network.
- Direct access to London Metal Exchange, where Marex Spectron is a leading Category One member.
- New proprietary technologies and tools, including Marex Spectron’s NEON trading and risk platform.
- Marex Spectron’s extensive agricultural, metals and energy research.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) hedging and investment products across all asset classes through Marex Solutions.
- Marex Spectron’s larger balance sheet and investment grade rating.
Regarding the rationale for the deal, back in December, Marex Spectron explained that the acquisition will enhance Marex Spectron’s business, with the addition of RCG’s history, brand, expertise, large client base and extensive introducing broker network. The deal is also set to expand Marex Spectron’s agriculture business, which is based in London and New York, and has historically been more focused on sugar, cocoa and coffee markets, with the addition of RCG’s presence in grains and livestock. Furthermore, the deal will take Marex Spectron’s US clearing offering to a broader client base.