Sberbank introduces new system for payment services SberPay
The service is available for owners of any NFC-enabled Android smartphones.
Sberbank today announces the rollout of SberPay, a new service which allows customers to pay for purchases online and offline (in outlets with Sberbank POS terminals). In order to use the service, one only needs to have the Sberbank Online app installed.
Those who make purchases using SberPay online can:
- choose any of their cards to make a payment. Their card balance is displayed right away.
- be sure their personal data is safe: no need to input card details into forms on websites of online stores or payment services, as they stay inside Sberbank’s secure system;
- use SberPay absolutely free of charge;
- save time on inputting card details and waiting for an SMS verification code.
Those who have a business and get paid via SberPay online:
- enjoy a higher conversion rate as customers don’t have to input card data manually, which results in more purchases. The pilot showed that the number of purchases grew 6%;
- can send payment-related push notifications: a customer addresses a call center to buy something and the seller can send a push notification to the customer’s phone number, with a link leading to a SberPay page.
- can migrate to SberPay automatically: there is no need to set up the solution or do anything if the seller is already using Sberbank’s online acquiring services.
Those who pay via SberPay offline no longer have to carry a card with them. A mobile phone with NFC (near field communication) capability is enough. They also don’t need to install any more mobile apps, as Sberbank Online features everything necessary. They can pay with SberPay using any Android smartphone, including flagship models by Huawei and Honor, whose users have a limited number of available payment services.
Svetlana Kirsanova, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, Head of Retail Business Unit, Sberbank:
“The launch of SberPay is only the first step toward the creation of a secure intuitive payment system for our customers. Using SberPay is easy and convenient, as you don’t need to remember bank details and can make a payment in a couple of clicks by almost instantly choosing the account funds will be debited from. For companies, the use of SberPay is also profitable and simple. On top of that, it improves conversion rate. I believe that besides creating a new customer experience for millions of Russians, SberPay will also change the market for acquiring services and cashless payments in the country radically.”
The service is available for owners of any NFC-enabled Android smartphones. During phase one, offline payments can be made with Visa cards; cards of other payment processors are set to be added shortly.