HKEX informs market participants about planned launch of Client Connect
The first release of Client Connect, previously known as the Client Portal, is scheduled for the first quarter of 2019.
HKEX has issued a circular to market participants, informing them of its plans to introduce Client Connect, previously known as the Client Portal.
Client Connect is set to provide access for participants through a secure web-based user interface made available via PC, tablet, and mobile. Client Connect will be rolled out in phases, with the first release, which will focus on post-trade services, scheduled for the first quarter of 2019.
Major features provided by Client Connect include:
- Digitization of Manual Services – existing paper-based service request forms will be streamlined into new eServices, across post-trade related functions in Settlement and Depository, Participants Management and Technical Setup.
- Dashboard View – this is a consolidated view of outstanding tasks with updated status for tracking. Users can quickly drill down to specific tasks for details and audit history, and perform actions on the tasks. Instant notification and alerting to affected users on changes to task status is available on the Dashboard and email.
- Flexible Access Control – services that involve multiple HKEX legal entities will be streamlined and user accounts will be designed in a flexible way to support multiple roles under one user login. Tasks are automatically assigned to appropriate users or groups, with notification and integrated maker/checker mechanism as appropriate. Users’ accesses are controlled and administered by Delegated Administrators inside their parent company.
- Centralized Event Enrollment – important events tailored to the user will also be shown on the events tab of the dashboard with direct registration functionality and calendar corner of the Client Connect for reference.
- Information Corners – they will allow participants to access technical documents (e.g. Terminal User Guide and project related updates) as well as business documents (e.g. PFMI and Rules). Although all information will be available through Client Connect, guidelines and updates relevant to the user will be highlighted to improve discoverability and engagement.
To ensure Client Connect fulfills client needs, task force members previously involved in the discussion surrounding Client Connect will be invited to join a pilot program to provide feedback regarding the user experience. Other participants interested in joining the pilot program are requested to apply online on or before November 30, 2018. HKEX will notify the pilot users separately about the technical briefing arranged in early December 2018 surrounding the functionality of the platform and arrangements for on-boarding. Upon successful conclusion of the pilot program, all Participants will be invited to register to use Client Connect in early 2019.