Interactive Brokers adds Thomson Reuters ESG reference data points and scores to TWS platform
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) scores from Thomson Reuters are set to help those investors who would like to consider more than just financial factors when they make decisions.
Online trading major Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX:IBKR) is adding a new tool for investors who seek to consider a wider array of factors when making their investment decision. The latest beta version of the TWS platform introduces Thomson Reuters ESG reference data points and scores.
The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) scores and data points can be displayed in TWS as market data columns, and viewed as a graphical indicator displaying an overall score between 0 – 100%, with a breakdown of category (pillar) scores available when you hover over the ESG Overall score.
Both combined and individual (pillar) scores are available. Available data columns for Combined Scores includes:
- ESG Combined Score – This is an overall company score based on the reported information in the environmental, social and corporate governance pillars (ESG Score) with an ESG Controversies overlay.
- ESG Score – This is an overall company score based on the self-reported information in the environmental, social and corporate governance pillars. (comprises Resource Use Score, Emissions Score Environmental Innovation Score, Workforce Score, Human Rights Score, Community Score, Product Responsibility Score, Management Score, Shareholders Score, and CSR Strategy Score).
Data columns for category (Pillar) Scores include:
- CSR Strategy Score – CSR strategy category score reflects a company’s practices to communicate that it integrates the economic (financial), social and environmental dimensions into its day-to-day decision-making processes.
- Community Score – Community category score measures the company’s commitment towards being a good citizen, protecting public health and respecting business ethics.
- ESG Controversies Score – ESG controversies category score measures a company’s exposure to environmental, social and governance controversies and negative events reflected in global media.
- Emissions Score – Emission category score measures a company’s commitment and effectiveness towards reducing environmental emission in the production and operational processes.
- Environmental Innovation Score – Environmental innovation category score reflects a company’s capacity to reduce the environmental costs and burdens for its customers, and thereby creating new market opportunities through new environmental technologies and processes or eco-designed products.
- Human Rights Score – Human rights category score measures a company’s effectiveness towards respecting the fundamental human rights conventions.
- Management Score – Management category score measures a company’s commitment and effectiveness towards following best practice corporate governance principles.
- Product Responsibility Score – Product responsibility category score reflects a company’s capacity to produce quality goods and services integrating the customer’s health and safety, integrity and data privacy.
- Resource Use Score – Resource use category score reflects a company’s performance and capacity to reduce the use of materials, energy or water, and to find more eco-efficient solutions by improving supply chain management.
- Shareholders Score – Shareholders category score measures a company’s effectiveness towards equal treatment of shareholders and the use of anti-takeover devices.
- Workforce Score – Workforce category score measures a company’s effectiveness towards job satisfaction, healthy and safe workplace, maintaining diversity and equal opportunities, and development opportunities for its workforce.
To add ESG columns to a tool, traders have to hover over a current column until the Insert Column command appears. Then, they have to click the column, and scroll down to ESG – Combined Scores or ESG – Pillar Scores and select a field to add.