Interactive Brokers introduces Impact Dashboard
The interactive Impact Dashboard incorporates a new data source from TruValue Labs that scores companies against the Sustainability Account Standards Board criteria.
Electronic trading major Interactive Brokers keeps beefing up the capabilities of its TWS platform.
In 2018, Interactive Brokers introduced Refinitiv Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) metrics to provide transparency into company policy and its non-financial effects. Recently the brokerage enhanced ESG to allow traders to be notified when companies engage in activities counter to their values.
Now Interactive Brokers has expanded its responsible investing offerings even more with the interactive Impact Dashboard, which incorporates a new data source from TruValue Labs that scores companies against the Sustainability Account Standards Board criteria.
Traders can use the Impact Dashboard to evaluate and adjust their portfolio to invest in companies whose responsible world view coincides with that of a trader. Users of the TWS platform can choose the impact goals and principles – like Racial Equality and No Animal Testing – that are most important to them. Then they can let the Impact Dashboard analyze and grade their portfolio based on how their positions align with their principles. The dashboard even shows how each individual investment is helping or hurting one’s goal of responsible investing.
To open the Impact Dashboard:
- In Mosaic: Use the Impact button in the Portfolio or from the New Window drop-down select Impact Dashboard.
- In Classic: Use the Impact icon in the menu bar.
To use the Impact Dashboard:
- In the top panel, click Set Your Preferences to open the Impact page and begin ranking goals and selecting principles.
- In the Impact Preferences section, use the slide bar to indicate the level of importance for each of the available impact goals. Set to one of three levels: Lowest (Don’t care), Mid (I care) Highest (Most important). See below for the list of Impact Goals.
- In the ESG Preferences section, check the issues that are important to you.
- Click Save to view your personal Impact Dashboard.
- Move through the pages to see how your portfolio aligns with each Impact Goal. Hold your mouse over graphical representations for more details, and click an asset in your portfolio to access Quote Details or Fundamentals, see red flags, and view scores for all of your Impact Goals.